Looking for Wedding Banquet Saving Tips? Be prepared before you and your partner go and visit the wedding venue. In this competitive Hong Kong market, it is likely that the sales people will try to get you to commit immediately to their venue, but it’s important that you have your complete review of the potential venues first before you make any signature and deposit. Be aware of the “Scare Tactic” as they might say the space won’t be available if you wait.
Check out our proposed sample questions below. Make sure you jot down the answers after each venue visit to avoid mix up of the details. You can go back to this summary and compare them later. Take some snap shots too to facilitate your review.
1. What is the expandability of the venue to accommodate extra guests, if necessary?
2. Is there a minimum charge?
3. What are your menu packages and what do they include? Is there a 10% charge on top? Can we make certain amendments of the foods/drinks from the package?
4. Can we supply our own traditional food if we choose? E.g. we provide our own suckling pig which may not be included in our western buffet menu?
5. Beverages – Is package available? Do you support open bar? What is the charges and what kinds of beverages are provided. Free corkage for self-brought wine?
6. Decoration – Will you provide us a stage? What is the size of that? Will it come with basic decoration? Will you provide us a wedding logo design and production too? Will you provide lighting with special effects, e.g. spotlight for our march-in? Will you also provide Reception area and table? Do they come with skirting and decoration?
7. Are we allowed to bring in “manual poppers”, “candles”, “real confetti?”
8. Will you support us by printing the seating plan, place cards?
9. How many easel stands you can supply us to put up our wedding photos etc?
10. Centerpiece – Will you provide it for every table? What are the flower choices? re they real or silk flowers? Can I have the flexibility in choosing the same type of flowers, but of different colors so as to match my desired theme?
11. Are there any choices of table clothes and seat covers?
12. Do you work exclusively with a group of vendors or we can have our own vendors? Do we need to get your approval for using our choices?
13. Do you supply the PA system and projector? How many microphones will be made available? Wireless or Wired?
14. Will you provide the wedding cake or do we need to get it on our own? Is the wedding cake a dummy, or real wedding cake? How many lbs and/or how many persons can be served?
15. How many hours are included in the venue rental? What is the earliest time we can come to do the setup and what time we will need to leave the facility? Will there be an extra charge after the indicated time?
16. How many waiters/waitress will be available that day to serve our expected number of guests?
17. How many bridal rooms are available? Can we have an extra one for the moms/bridesmaids? Is these rooms equip with hair dryer, safe, hangers, mirror?
18. Will you include the shuttle service?
19. Will there be other wedding receptions/banquets happening at the same time? Will there be some areas that we can’t access to because of this?
20. How many complimentary car parks can be made available? How much for the valet parking, etc.?
21. Will you provide a complimentary Food tasting?
22. Will you support our crew meals in the same evening?
23. Will you offer us a special price for family dinner the night before the big day, and/or lunch on the big day?
24. If the venue is a hotel: What room rate can you offer our guests? And how many rooms can you guarantee us at that rate?
25. Does anything we’ve seen today cost extra?
- 飲料 – Package？什麼收費和提供什麼樣的飲料?自來酒免開瓶費?
- 會否提供舞台？有的話舞台舞大小？有否提供基本場地佈置？能否提供婚禮標誌設計及制作？能否提供特別燈光效果如新人進場時之聚光射燈？ 能否提供位置及桌子作接待處之用，有的話桌子又有否裝飾？
Once you have made your visits and compare the pros/cons of each potential venue, make your final choice. Negotiate before you commit! Be sure to negotiate as much as you can before making your down payment, as after the deposit, it’s hard to renegotiate. And the deposit is usually non-refundable.
Since the wedding banquets may consume approximate half of your wedding budget or more, I would recommend you to look at the staff’s behavior/attitude, especially the sales person you meet, who will be handling the details for you. You might like to ensure he/she will be a person that you feel comfortable and love to work with.
Try to get a wedding planner to help who might able to negotiate more benefits for you. It is because the venue won’t expect you come for “wedding” again, but they know wedding planners can come back with more clients for them! See if we can be of help!
Email us here: email@example.com